Carhartt B.V., Carhartt Direct B.V. & Carhartt, Inc. are responsible for the processing of your personal information (the "data controllers").
When you sign up to receive e-mails, we collect:
• Your First and Last Name are used to send you e-mail about our products and services.
• Your Gender is used for selection of clothing in e-mail messages.
• Your E-mail Address is used to send you e-mail messages that you have signed up to receive.
• Your Country is used to customize our e-mail messages.
You don’t have to sign up to receive e-mails or give us any of the personal information listed above, but if you don’t, you might not receive our optimal customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also collect:
• Your contact history with us, which is used to better support you when you call, e-mail, or contact us. Plus, it helps with training our customer service staff to serve you better.
• Information about the technology or device you use and how you connected with us. This helps us to improve our site and provide the best experience available and gives us information on how best to protect our site for your safety.
Information we collect by automated means:
When you interact with our site, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, other identifiers associated with your devices, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of site visits. For more information about the processing of information we obtain by automated means, please visit our Cookie Statement.
We will collect and process your personal information for the above purposes if:
• we have obtained your consent; or
• we have a legitimate interest to do so (including a legitimate interest in performing marketing activities, managing customer relationships, research activities, securing our IT systems, data analytics, processing and enforcing legal claims, preventing or detecting fraud, improving our website, developing new products and services, and conducting our business in compliance with applicable laws, relevant industry standards and our policies).
Sharing your personal information
We share your information with the types of companies described below, which is an important part of being able to provide services to you:
• The Carhartt entities defined as data controllers above, for the purpose of understanding market, user, product, and site activity so that we can serve you better.
• Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies and advertising partners, who help us improve our business, including Adobe Analytics and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Please visit www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html and www.salesforce.com/company/privacy/ if you would like to obtain more information about the third-party service providers with whom we share your personal information.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss: (v) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) otherwise with your consent. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestitures, dissolution or liquidation).
• If you have given us consent to do so, we will send you marketing messages by e-mail to keep you aware of our products.
• If you have signed up to receive e-mails, you can stop receiving such messages from us at any time. You can do this:
By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any message we send you; or
By contacting Carhartt Customer Service.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note that it can take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might still get messages from us while we process your request. This will not stop order update emails. We still want you to know when your products will arrive.
For customers located in the European Economic Area, we have a logistics center in Europe, which we use for processing orders. In addition, personal information about customers located in the EU is sent, processed and stored in the U.S. for ecommerce purposes.
U.S. laws have not been recognized by the European Commission as providing for an adequate level of data protection. For these data transfers, we have implemented safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of data protection, including (i) the conclusion of data transfer agreements incorporating the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses, or (ii) utilizing U.S. service providers that are certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information transferred from the European Economic Area to the United States. To obtain further information regarding these data transfer mechanisms or if you have further questions about how we protect your information, please contact us as explained below.
The time period for which we keep personal information depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal information, unless we are legally required to retain it or if we need to retain it in order to comply with our legal obligations (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights relating to your personal information, including:
• The right to request access to personal information we maintain about you;
• The right to request correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• The right to request erasure of your information;
• The right to request that the processing of your information is restricted or to object to such processing;
• The right to request that we send you the information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request that we transmit such information to another data controller; and
• If we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal information, the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us as explained below. You also may lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your country if you are not satisfied with our responses.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
Our site provides links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these third parties, which we suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third party features are not owned or controlled by us, Carhartt is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
If you have chosen to use the post-pay services of Klarna when ordering online, Klarna will check your creditworthiness and whether there is fraudulent behavior. We have no control over how Klarna processes your personal data, including how Klarna scores your creditworthiness or checks for fraudulent behavior. We do not receive your credit worthiness score or feedback on potential fraudulent behavior, except whether Klarna accepted you as a debtor allowing you to continue your purchase.
Our site is designed for a general audience service and is not directed to children. Carhartt does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 16 we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that an individual under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time we will change this page to reflect how we are working to protect your information. When we make significant changes, we will communicate that on the site or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the site..
We want to serve and protect our customers. Hearing from you is important to us.
So, if you:
• want to request that we stop sending you marketing messages; or
• want to exercise any of your rights, subject to applicable law, as set out above, or have a complaint;
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +441223790199, or via the www.carhartt.com website. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.