Carhartt B.V., & Carhartt, Inc. are responsible for the processing of your personal information (the "data controllers") and can be contacted using the details provided in this Policy.
When you purchase goods from us, we collect:
• Your first and last name, e-mail address, payment information including card details, and postal address to fulfil your order.
When you sign up to receive general newsletters or personalized newsletters and/or offers by e-mail, we collect:
• Your first and last name and e-mail address to send you newsletters and/or e-mails about our products and services and other e-mails you have signed up to receive.
• Your country, gender and age to customize personalized e-mail messages.
• Your preferences for selection of clothing, based on purchase history, in personalized e-mail messages.
If you sign up for general newsletters, you will receive general newsletters about Carhartt’s products and promotions by e-mail. If you sign up for personalized newsletters and/or offers, you will receive customized messages by e-mail, based on your profile which is formed of the data you have provided to Carhartt for this purpose. You don’t have to sign up to receive e-mails or give us any of the personal information listed above, but if you don’t, you might not receive our optimal customer experience. But that is your choice – and we respect that.
We also collect:
• Your purchase history with us, which is used to maintain a record of your purchases.
• Any information, including your image, displayed in user generated content that you provide us consent to use via social media, such as by using #mycarhartt on Flowbox
• Your contact history with us, which is used to better support you when you call, e-mail, or contact us. Plus, it helps with training our customer service staff to serve you better.
• Information about the technology or device you use and how you connected with us. This helps us to improve our site and provide the best experience available and gives us information on how best to protect our site for your safety.
Information we collect by automated means:
When you interact with our site, we obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies. We may use these automated technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. The information we obtain in this manner may include your device IP address, other identifiers associated with your devices, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, language preferences, referring/exit pages, clickstream data, and dates and times of site visits. For more information about the processing of information we obtain by automated means, please visit our Cookie Statement.
We process your personal information for the following purposes:
• for the preparation and performance of our services, including the purchase of goods from us
• in order to send you information;
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; or
• in order to fulfil our statutory obligations.
We will collect and process your personal information for the above purposes if:
• we have obtained your consent;
• to fulfil a legal obligation imposed on us;
• for the preparation and performance of an agreement with you, in this case we can only provide our services if you provide us with the necessary personal data; or
• we have a legitimate interest to do so including:
- Managing Customer Relationships
- Securing our IT Systems
- Performing Data Analytics to improve our products, website, and other processes
- Developing new products; and
- Fulfilling our obligations under the law.
• If you are our customer or you have given us consent to do so, we will send you marketing messages and personalized product messages by e-mail to keep you aware of our products and the products you viewed on Carhartt’s website.
• You can stop receiving such messages from us at any time. You can do this:
By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any message we send you; or
By contacting Carhartt Customer Service.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages and personalized product messages. Please note that it can take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might still get messages from us while we process your request. This will not stop order update e-mails. We still want you to know when your products will arrive.
Carhartt will share your data with certain types of companies who are performing services on behalf of Carhartt, and all data shared is only used for these purposes. These services include:
- Companies providing IT services such as maintaining our website, IT security, data storage and other related activities;
- Other professional services companies who help provide services such as customer relationship management, payment processing, and customer support;
- Companies helping to provide an understanding of the market, our users, products, and site activity in order to improve our service to you; and
- Companies who help facilitate our marketing and advertising.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (iii) to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; (iv) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss: (v) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (vi) otherwise with your consent. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestitures, dissolution or liquidation).
For customers located in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the UK, we have a logistics center in Europe, which we use for processing orders. In addition, personal information about customers located in the EEA or the UK is sent, processed and stored in countries outside the EEA and the UK, such as the U.S., for ecommerce and other purposes related to the operation of our business described above.
The laws of certain of these countries have not been recognized by the European Commission or UK Government as providing for an adequate level of data protection. For these data transfers, we have implemented safeguards to ensure an appropriate level of data protection, including the conclusion of data transfer agreements incorporating the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses and the UK International Data Transfer Agreement or Addendum to the Standard Contractual Clauses. To obtain further information regarding these data transfer mechanisms or if you have further questions about how we protect your information, please contact us as explained below.
The time period for which we keep personal information depends on the purpose for which we collected it. In all cases we keep it for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. We will then delete the personal information, unless we are legally required to retain it (for example, for tax and accounting purposes).
Subject to applicable law, you may have certain rights relating to your personal information, including:
• The right to request access to personal information we maintain about you;
• The right to request correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
• The right to request erasure of your information;
• The right to request that the processing of your information is restricted or to object to such processing;
• The right to request that we send you the information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request that we transmit such information to another data controller; and
• If we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal information, the right to withdraw such consent at any time.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us as explained below. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, or use.
Our site provides links to other online services for your convenience and information, and may include third party features such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins. These online services and third party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, is subject to the privacy statements of these third parties, which we suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third party features are not owned or controlled by us, Carhartt is not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Our site is designed for a general audience service and is not directed to children. Carhartt does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 16 we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that an individual under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time we will change this page to reflect how we are working to protect your information. When we make significant changes, we will communicate that on the site or by some other means of contact such as e-mail, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the site.
We want to serve and protect our customers. Hearing from you is important to us.
So, if you:
• want to request that we stop sending you marketing messages; or
• want to exercise any of your rights, subject to applicable law, as set out above, or have a complaint; please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at +441223790199, or via the www.carhartt.com website. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.
You can also contact our data privacy team and Data Protection Officer by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com or through Customer Service via the www.carhartt.com website. Carhartt Team